Hyperlink5 allows you to save links from a browser to a webpage that is available from any device with a browser and an internet connection. When you share information with us by using the service, registering, logging in, installing and using add-ons, and saving and using bookmarks, we use that information to improve the tool and serve up ads that are more relevant to you.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
If you have questions, please visit Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users. We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. We are very careful to limit that amount of personally identifying information we collect from users. In our registration process, we simply ask for an e-mail address so that you may login and receive e-mails from us. We may also get information when you e-mail us.
- Information we get from your use of our services. When you use the service, we may get additional information from your use, such as link names, folder names, URLs, and use of links. We also collect browser session data and logs. This information includes:
- Log information: device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL. cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Hyperlink5 Account.
- Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Information generated when you visit our website: Each time you visit our website, we receive and store information associated with that visit, such as the date and time of the visit, your computer's IP address, which pages on our site you view, which browser you are using, any cookies associated with our site, etc.
- Stored Bookmarks: When you save a bookmark using the Hyperlink5 Add-On or the website, we keep a copy of your bookmarks on our servers. We use this data provide you with the ability to sort and organize your bookmarks.
- Usage Data: When you use our website or various features in the Hyperlink5 Add-on, we collect usage data which we analyze in aggregate to learn how our site and features are being used so we can tune and improve them. On occasion, we may examine usage data from an individual user as required to solve technical problems.
- Usage data: We may share aggregate usage data with affiliates, business partners, advertisers, etc
- Additionally, the following describe extraordinary circumstances in which we may also share information:
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Hyperlink5 and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Hyperlink5 uses a third party to host the service provided. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
What choices do I have?
If you don't want us to receive the data associated with a feature in the Hyperlink5 Add-on, you currently should stop using the tool and send us an e-mail to remove your account. In the future, we plan to implement better mechanisms for disabling sharing.
Effective Date: September 24, 2009